Friday, January 29, 2010

Weekly Cleaning: The Kitchen

This one's a doozie!  It took me about an hour to complete this cleaning routine, so that's why I decided to put it at the end of the week.  In reality, a lot of times I don't come home and/or don't have the energy to do this on Friday nights.  If need be, this weekly cleaning list can be postponed until Saturday morning when you have more energy. 

However, if you don't have anything to do on Friday night, it can be a nice way to get in a workout (for real, this is hard work), and your kitchen will look fabulous for you all weekend.

Here it is:  the Kitchen Cleaning Routine:
  • De-trash the fridge.  Get rid of anything that looks even remotely nasty.
  • Wipe one fridge shelf or drawer
  • Empty/load dishwasher if necessary
  • Wipe cabinet pulls and drawer pulls
  • Wipe fridge handle, stove handles and knobs
  • Clean stove hood
  • Clean stove top
  • Wipe 2-3 cabinet fronts
  • Clean front of dishwasher
  • Clean counter tops
  • Polish counter tops (if you have the kind of counter tops that require this)
  • Shine sink (a la FlyLady)
  • Take out trash and wipe out inside of trashcan if necessary
  • Vacuum floor
  • Mop floor (I'm using my new steam mop!)
  • Scrub anything that's still left on the floor
I'm really hoping that the more I do this, the faster it will go.  Hopefully I won't have to do every step every week.  This week I probably spent about 15 minutes trying to get rid of one stubborn spot on my floor.  I hope I don't have to spend that kind of time on floor spots every week.  The kitchen is definitely where the cleaning ladies earn their paychecks!

No comments:

Post a Comment