Thursday, December 31, 2009

Daily Cleaning: Move Laundry from Washer to Dryer


Laundry is a complete pain.  If you let it, it can consume your weekends and make you all stressed out about the prospect of not having any clean underwear.  Let the madness end.  Come up with a plan to tackle that laundry.

Each day when I get home from work, I plan to put in a load of laundry.  Unless there isn't any dirty laundry, but that's not happened yet.  If it ever does, it's total gold star time.  But anyway, I put the laundry in when I get home from work, and then go off to do other things in my after-work routine

At some point, the washing machine is going to beep.  When I hear that beep, or when I realize that the washer is done washing the clothes, I have to go into the laundry room and switch the laundry from washer to dryer.

This seems very simple, but I forget to do it all the time.  In fact, there are a bunch of dirty towels in my washing machine right now.  If I let them sit for hours or days on end, which happens a lot, they start to smell and I end up having to wash them all over again.

So, even if I catastrophe strikes and I don't end up folding and putting away the laundry, at least the clothes won't smell if I do this one small thing.  And that is an accomplishment in itself.

Okay, I'm going to go move the laundry from the washer to the dryer now.  Wonder what's wrong with me?   Think I have way too much free time?  Check out my confession.

Image from Campus Advantage Greensite.

No comments:

Post a Comment