Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Daily Cleaning: Spend Two Minutes Cleaning a Hot Spot


Hot Spots.  We all have them in our homes.  They are those places where stuff seems to accumulate day after day until it's an out-of-control mess.  The FlyLady, Marla Cilley, coined the term "Hot Spot" as part of her FlyLady cleaning routine.  My hot spots tend to be my desk, where we leave our mail, and the laundry room.

For this part of your daily cleaning routine, pick one of your Hot Spots, and spend just 2 minutes cleaning it.  No more, no less.  This is focused cleaning, so you're cocentrating on just this one spot.  Today I chose to clean our laundry room, and I was able to clear off a good area for folding clothes within that two minutes.  Even though I didn't spend that much time cleaning, it was good to see some results!

Why in the world am I blogging about spending two minutes cleaning my laundry room?  Check out my confession.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I just ran across your blog and wanted to give you a thumbs up! Hope you keep it going!

    ReplyDelete