Friday, September 9, 2011

The Vinegar & Water Solution

My sons are at a stage where they like to move around and get into things, but they also spit up.  It's gross.  I was using Clorox wipes, and sometimes baby wipes if I was in a pinch, to clean up all of the various little puddles of spit up that seem to appear out of nowhere.  While I liked the disinfecting properties and convenience of the Clorox wipes, I felt funny exposing my little ones to the fumes from the chemicals...even though they usually weren't around when I used them. 

I've always been a big fan of using vinegar to clean everything, but during this busy season of my life, I thought I didn't have the time to put the extra elbow grease into cleaning naturally.  I needed quick and easy.  I needed wipes pre-soaked in a bleach solution.  Thank you Clorox.

This weekend, the little ones actually took a two hour nap at the same time.  I was able to be totally productive, and I stumbled upon my old stash of Sam's Club vinegar.  It's cheap.  It's non-toxic.  I decided to wash out an old Windex bottle and fill it up with a solution of 50% vinegar and 50% water. 

Then I started spraying stuff.  First I tackled the exersaucers.  They have so much nasty old spit up on them, it's embarassing.  At first the mess didn't come off.  So, I sprayed again, and I let it sit for a while.  I came back five minutes later, and I was able to get everything off the exersaucers.  Yay!!!

So, now I keep my bottle of spray vinegar & water solution within an arm's reach.  It's really helped me keep up with all of the little messes.

Image from fsbohow2.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment