Friday, February 19, 2010

Cleaning Granite Countertops

What's the best way to clean granite countertops?  This is a question that come up a lot.  And, truthfully, I'm not really certain about the answer to the question.  About two months ago, I started doing research and I came up with a lot of conflicting information.

Because I'm a saver, I decided to try cleaning the countertops with a combination of alcohol and water.  After using this combination for several weeks, I've decided that it's a great method.  It's simple, and the alcohol in the solution disinfects the countertops.

I also bought some special granite polish spray that I use about once a week.  It was really expensive, so I'm glad I don't have to use it every day.  After I use the polish, the countertops look really nice.

Here's some more information I found about granite countertops if you're interested in exploring the issue further:

Cleaning countertops with a concoction of alcohol and Dawn dishwashing detergent is highlighted here.

This site ranks the best ways to clean granite countertops.

A lot of the information on the internet is complete non-conclusive.  Check out the article here to become even more confused and frustrated.
image from supremesurface.com

No comments:

Post a Comment